Monday, October 6, 2008

What is it today? More spelunking?

Weekends go by entirely too fast. It’s like they are on fast forward and then [slam!] once you get to Monday it all s-l-o-w-s back down again. I was able to spend the weekend with my husband, so all-in-all it was great.

These are the highlights and lowlights of my weekend:

Shared a double cookies&cream marshmallow fudge sundae
Batman Begins
Sleeping in
McCain/Palin Sign piercing my childhood lawn
Arguing about politics with my dad for 2 hrs
Nick and Nora’s Infinite Play List
Getting up early
4th graders
Afternoon nap
Clean bathroom
Organized medicine closet
Sex in the City – The Movie
Homemade Whole Wheat Banana Bread

My favorite parts were the sundae, Batman and the whole wheat banana bread which husband and I made together last night. Our first successful bread and we almost ate the entire loaf! Low points, were the bratty 4th graders who punish me every Sunday morning and arguing with my dad about politics.

Anyway, here’s your Monday Movie Review:

Batman Begins – this movie is amazing. It was well developed, action-packed and kept my attention for over two hours [hard to do]. Honestly, I just sat there wishing for more. And although superhero [or according to Bax, literary character] movies never make it on my “favs” list – this definitely belongs. I think Christian Bale plays an amazing Batman. I love his dark, raspy tone and stiff jaw line. I actually heart all of the characters in this movie with the exception of Katie Holmes. No character development, no personality, bad acting. Sorry Katie. But don’t beat yourself up, you’re actually hotter than Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dark Night but equally as benign of a character. This along with Dark Knight will be added to our permanent movie collection.
My recommendation is BUY. This movie is ownership material.

Nick and Nora’s Infinite Play List - This movie is terrible and should be alternatively titled “Nick and Nora’s Incredibly Boring Night Caught on Tape.” This movie might appeal to an Emo 20-something cohort who feels the playlist was enlightening and smells like teen spirit – but for me it fell flat. [spoiler alert!] Horny kid from Juno, still dressed the same, but instead of an acoustic guitar, he now plays bass in a gay band. Gets dumped by trashy actress from Fool’s Gold and meets Nora. Nora takes care of drunk friend. Drunk friend fishes her gum out of a public toilet filled with puke [great shock factor]. Nick and Nora go home. This movie was not the cheese to my macaroni and the only plus side was the brief 90 minute runtime. This movie was more about the evolution of gum, than music.
My recommendation is PASS - rent High School Musical instead.

Sex in the City – I’ll review this tomorrow along with a belated review of The Women. There’s just too much to say, keywords: 148 minute runtime, American Idol cast-off, no one's working, "what does your gut tell you" and a humongus chin mole.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yum, banana bread...you almost made it healthy. Also, still bummed Nick and Nora was a snooze fest.

Andy said...

Tam!! Andy wants to see Nick and Nora! What a bummer. Ok so L'Shanah Tovah. I sent you guys a card, but I'm a slacker so it was probably late. Also, sent another homemade card to congratulate your man on finishing the OB rotation. Sending it I thought- either I am an artistic genius or this is so inappropriate she will never speak to me again. Speaking of, haven't heard from you in a while. :)

Jennie said...

Um, excuse me, where is your Sex and the City post? It's now Wednesday and some of us are bored at work and need something to read.