Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm back, to let you know, I can really shake 'em down!

Santa Fe was awesome, except for the part where I got sick on the second day with a fever/head cold/sore throat CRUD that probably hitched a ride on my laptop bag and waited until after my presentation to strike me dead. And by dead, I mean really cranky. I have some cool pictures to show you (but NOT the ones my mom took of me DURING my presentation, WITH THE FLASH ON), but for today I wanted to say welcome back to myself and leave you with this conversation that I had with my husband on the way to the airport last week. Because more than anything, I really missed my husband.

Him: I really like that new Kristy Yamaguchi song.
Me: What?
Him: You know, the ice skater. I like that song about her on the radio.
Me: I have no idea what you are talking about.
Him: Yeah, you know, it goes "Kri-sty Yam-ah-guchi...O-KAAAY!"
Me: [laughing] Babe, I don't think that's what the song says.
Him: Yep. I'm sure of it.

[in the car]
Him: Here! THIS IS THE SONG! [turns radio up]
Him: [singing] Kri-sty Yam-ah-guchi...O-KAAAY!
Me: No. It says, Kri-sty are you do-ing okay.
Him: No it doesn't. It says Yamaguchi.
Me: What you're singing makes no sense, why would the song say that?
Him: I don't know, wait... LISTEN!
[turns up the radio during the chorus]
Him: Okay, that wasn't the right verse, just wait. It will say it.
Me: ....
Him: I swear the time I listened to it, it said Kristy Yamaguchi...

Him singing his version so cute, I almost like it better. Offspring doesn't have shit on my husband!

1 comment:

Mermanda said...

LOL. One of the funniest misunderstood lyrics I've heard of.

Hope you feel better soon! Welcome back!