Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Crazy A-SIAN man

So after our really really ridiculously long drive, husband and I arrived at the hotel in Boston. We stood at the front desk waiting for the clerkman to get off the phone. Not TWO SECONDS LATER, an Asian man and his wife fly through the doors. The man pushes us aside and SLAMS his hands on the counter yelling “SHAHM-POOOOOO!” The clerk looks up from his phone call and the man bangs on the counter again, “SHAHM-POO! SHAHM-POO! I need SHAHM-POO!” The clerk looks up and says, “Yes, in a second sir.” And crazy Asian man and wife STORM OFF.

Husband looks at me, “Um, that was weird.”

So the clerk checks us in, gives us our room key and directs us down the hall to room 130. Husband tries the key. Nothing happens. Tries again. Still nothing.

We go back up to the counter (the counter that now has a bottle of SHAHM-POO sitting on it) and tell him our key doesn’t work. He apologizes and reprograms our key.

Back at room 130, husband slides the key and successfully enters the room. I am about to follow, until I hear from inside,

“NOT YOUR ROOM! NO! ROOM TAKEN! SECOND TIME THIS HAPPEN! FILE COMPLAINT! I FILE COMPLAINT”

My husband quicky exits the room and we rush to the desk – not so fast as to beat crazy Asian man from pushing us out of the way to SCREAM at the clerk, “I FILE COMPLAINT! SECOND TIME, IN MY ROOM!”

Clerk, “Sir, I cannot deal with you right now.”

Man, “I FILE COMPLAINT!! I FILE COMPLAINT!”

Clerk, “Sir, I told you flat out I don’t have time for this. Here’s our card, go the website and file whatever complaint you want.”

Man, “I FILE COMPLAINT!! I FILE COMPLAINT!”

Clerk, “GO TO THE WEB-SITE, I’M NOT DEALING WITH YOU!”

As the man storms off (without his SHAHM-POO) and shaking his finger at US ("YOU FILE COMPLAINT!") the clerk looks at us (trying to keep from hysterics)

Clerk, “Yeah, that guy’s a DICK.”

Moral of the story: Bring your own damn shampoo and always pad lock your door.

Oh and if you’re going to Boston, the customer service is awesome!

No comments: